Wednesday 7 January 2015

Shadowbox with a re-introduction

Hi everybody,

To start of this post, happy new year everybody!! May 2015 bring you all happiness and health each and every day! As you can see from the picture above this text I do have a project to show you but since we have some fabulous new ladies and a brilliant guy joining our team and they are all doing introductions we figured the "old" team could also do a re-introduction.
My name is Mariska van der Veer and I hope to be turning 40 this year. Together with my husband and best friend Marco I have three children, Dyanne (10), Amy (6) and Leon (4). We live in a small town in The Netherlands in the middle of a polder where greenhouses with gorgeous real flowers and goats are the view from our living room window. My hubby has a small company in the IT sector and I divide my time between the kids, the house and his company. For relaxation I love to run and craft. My craft projects take me hours and hours but I truly love the whole process of having an idea and making it come to life. Flowers are an essential part of my projects and I've been a big fan of Wild Orchid Crafts and their fabulous range of flowers for years so being part of the Wild Orchid Crafts team is heaven on earth for me!
This is the complete project I'd like to share with you today. The image that I used is called Dyanne and she is actually a Wee Stamps character that Sylvia Zet, the artist behind Wee Stamps, based on the pictures and stories I shared with her about my daughter Dyanne. Dyanne is my dreamy girl who loves to read books and craft and who, when we walk together through the Polder, will fall behind because she "needs" to gather all these pretty little flowers she finds along the way. I made this shadowbox for her with "her" stamp and of course a spray of pretty flowers.

Dyanne's favorite color is purple so that's the main color I focused on while I colored the image and picked out my papers, flowers and pretty rhinestones.

Well hope you like my project and get a chance to do some crafting of your own! As always I've listed the Wild Orchid products that I used below my post!

Hugs,






Wild Orchid Crafts products used:
Mixed Purple/White Cosmos Dairy Stem Flowers (MKX-123)
Mixed Purple/Lilac & White Sweetheart Blossom (MKX-639)
Mixed Peach/Orange Open Roses 25mm (MKX-073)
White Sweetheart Blossom Flowers (MKX-336)
Self Adhesive Rhinestones Lilac (MKX-515)
Self Adhesive Rhinestones Purple (MKX-514)

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tribute to your little girl. Your project is perfect. You are so creative, the colors you chose are just gorgeous. I can not wait to see your next project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it´s still just as beautiful Mariska, and I sure look forward to see a lot more of your gorgeous work this yearhere again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is a fantastic work of art. Your coloring, the composition, the flowers...this is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete