Wednesday 19 November 2014

Paint with all the colors of the wind

Hello everybody,

Today I have an older project to show you that I hadn't shown on the Wild Orchid Crafts blog yet.
I decorated this cigar box with Wyanet by Wee Stamps as the main inspiration. I decided right away that I wanted to use feathers so I bought some of those at a local store that sells a lot for making real flower arrangements but of course I didn't want to use real flowers on my box as I wanted it to last so I used pretty Wild Orchid Flowers in stead. Since the feathers were brownish I decided to match that with Deep Red and white flowers. I thought the deep red was the perfect combination with the brownish tones of the feathers.
This is a side view of the box.

Hope you like my box and get inspired to do some crafting of your own!
Hugs,





Wild Orchid Crafts materials used:
Deep Red Cherry Blossom Flowers
Deep Red Open Roses 15mm
Deep Red Rosebuds 6mm
White Sweetheart Blossom Flowers
White Trellis Roses 35mm
White (from set of Mixed) Tea Roses 25mm

7 comments:

  1. Outstanding work and so beautiful Mariska. I´m totally in love with this box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful I love it xxx

    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mariska it is just beautiful. It is refreshing to see other colors being used vs just the shabby chic all the time. But trust me I do love me some shabby chic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning so beautiful love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mariska, this box is truly beautiful in so many ways! You couldn't have chosen a better color palette for those lovely feathers. The deep red is stunning with the brown.. so rich and gorgeous. Wyanet is stunning and I love how you made the sentiment 'fluttering' in the wind. You never miss a detail! Stunning creation! :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete