Wednesday 12 November 2014

A Christmas card with hexagons

Hi everybody,

Today I'd like to show you another Christmas card I made. I think this is the second time ever I used my hexagon dies but I wanted to try something new.
The base of the card is just kraft cardstock, with stitches by hand around the edges. I smeared a bit embossing ink on one side of an embossing folder and pressed that on two edges of the cardstock, sprinkled white embossing powder on and heat embossed that. I wanted to get this not perfect pattern.
The image that I used is the newly released Sarah by Wee Stamps (available as a rubber stamp through Whimsy Stamps). I colored her with Copic Markers and 3D paper pieced her.
For the embellishments I used gorgeous red Trellis roses, a white open rose, pretty red hip rosebuds and one red Christmas berry spray with pine cones (you'll find links below). I still have berries and a cone left so what you see on this card is about 2/3rd of one spray.

I hope you like my new Christmas card. Not that much time until the Christmas cards need to be send of so hope you get some time to do some crafting of your own!

Hugs,






Materials used from Wild Orchid Crafts:
Mixed Red tone Trellis roses 35mm
Red Christmas Berry Spray with pine cones MKX-326
White Open Roses 25mm
Mixed Red tone Hip Rosebuds

10 comments:

  1. A very lovely card.
    Rose xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous as always Mariska! I love your cards a lot!

    Hugs,
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good evening WOC and Mariska,
    Oh how i do love to see your cards that you make with colouring in the stamped image. What it looks like on the stamp and the life you put into it are so very different entirely. Thank you for yet another stunning card enhanced with the beautiful WOC flowers. I know i have never looked back from my first purchase from them and since finding this blog have been amazed at the beauty that is created everyday with the addition of their products.
    Thank you
    Crafty hugs
    Norah (Glenochil Village, Scotland)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your lovely comments sweet ladies! And I completely agree with you Norah McPhee, I was a customer at WOC long before I had the pleasure of being on their team and LOVE their flowers, they are the perfect finishing touch to just about any project and will lift it to a higher level.
    Hugs,
    Mariska

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mariska, I cannot tell you the joy your work gives me! (And countless others, of course.) You bring out the best in every product your crafty heart uses, from the spectacular WOC flowers to the precious stamped images. This is truly beautiful and your cards are surely a blessing to all who receive them. :o) Thank you for continually inspiring us!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much sweet Karen! I take hours and hours making each project and sometimes I wonder if anybody will appreciate all the work that's gone into that project but then I read comments like yours and I know there are crafty people out there who do appreciate it and though the making of the project is a pleasure for me already, that makes me feel even better about it! I really appreciate your sweet comments!
      Hugs and blessings right back at you!
      Mariska

      Delete
  6. Totally amazing card here from you again Mariska, and I´m as always amazed about all the wonderful paperpiecing you always do. And I can only agree with Norah too, these gorgeous flowers just finish any card totally of, and look soo gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet comment Maryann! I completely agree, when I have my cards done without the flowers they are OK but they're never finished without those gorgeous flowers. Hope you are having a great day and thank you for always taking the time to comment!
      Hugs,
      Mariska

      Delete
  7. Love the bright colors, and flowers. Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete