Sunday 14 June 2015

Dream

Today I’m sharing my very first mixed media project, which a totally loved making.

bev-rochester-dream-mixed-media-plaque

I coated the embellishments (including flowers) with gesso then when stuck in place and the misting was done I went over the little clock, cherub, key, wings and heart buttons with twinkling H2O’s and gold acrylic paint

bev-rochester-dream-mixed-media-plaque2

Totally love the colours – so soft and pretty.

bev-rochester-dream-mixed-media-plaque4

I really, really loved playing making this little plaque, I think I’m addicted to mixed media now

bev-rochester-dream-mixed-media-plaque1

Products from Wild Orchid Crafts:
Mixed pink wild roses QVR-025
Mixed pink tea roses QVR-041
Pink/white cosmos daisies MKX-122
Pink tone open roses MKX-661
Large white/pink orchids MKX-556
White vintage seam binding MKX-472
White leaves MKX-448
Mixed clocks and time metal embellishments GST-158
White cabachon angels MKX-189
Heart shape flat back embellishments GST-029

7 comments:

  1. Stunning Bev, what did you use for the base would love to try to make this, do you do video tutorials. Kind regards Anne Owens

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very beautiful Bev..gorgeous soft pastels and i'm so jealous as I've tried so hard to make this type of project and all my rejects are tucked away in my craftroom..

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you my lovelies.
    Chrissy - I can promise I sat and stared at the white plaque for ages (actually more than I week I put off starting to assemble it), but I discovered when misting ... a wet wipe is your friend :) I used them to mop up and start again a couple of times.

    Anne - the plaque is from Noor Design, they have a fabulous selection of MDF blanks and they are so very reasonable too. I haven't thought about doing a tutorial, at least not now but will do one once I have a bit more practice under my belt. I honestly just muddled through this, making lots of mistakes and substituting one idea for another as I worked through it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is simply stunning Bev. I can't believe it's your first MM piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truly amazing a very clever lady love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Bev,\
    This is beautiful,
    Di B.

    ReplyDelete