Monday 20 June 2011

Shabby Chic and a Little Color Chart!

Hello everyone!  Today is the start of a new challenge at the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge Blog.  I hope you will join us.  There is always a wonderful prize to win!!!

Our theme is Shabby Chic with Friendship.  


 
The papers are Papermania - Blueberry Hill, I colored with pencils and the super sweet image is one of the new releases called "Emma Swing" from Lili of the Valley.

I made a little color chart of a few of the pink flowers and a few of the white colored flowers.  I did this because sometimes it is not so easy to see the difference in the color shades unless they are next to one another.  I hope this helps you in picking out your flowers when you order from Wild Orchid Crafts.  They have such a LARGE selection of colors!!!! Eventually you will need to own them all!!!


Do you see what I mean?  There are subtle differences but enough to matter with your papers! It drives me crazy to have the wrong pink with my particular pink paper! haha! Look at the Rose Pink, it sort of reminds me of a dusty color and the Pink Mist is ever so slightly lighter than the Baby Pink.  If you need to just click on the picture and it will enlarge so you can read it better.  Now here are the whites I wanted to show you:

I put these really close together hoping that you could see the subtle differences.  The Deep Ivory could even almost pass for a pale yellow color.  Sometimes when you are using the bright white papers, you will notice if you use the wrong "white" flower.  The Ivory may look white, but it is so slightly darker than the white and so on.
I hope these two charts help you out.  As I get more purples I will probably do the same.

Thanks so much for stopping by the Wild Orchid Crafts Blog, where we always hope to give you a little more inspiration with your flowers and embellishments from Wild Orchid Crafts.

Happy Crafting,

Dena


5 comments:

  1. Hi Dena, your card is gorgeous and thanks so much for the colour charts of flowers, I don't know how many times I have been looking at those pinks online and I end up going around and around trying to pick which one to order,lol, this helps so much. Of course they are all beautiful and yep I do want them all at some stage, anywho thanks again. Hugs Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so gorgeous! Loving all the details and the color combo you used. Thanks for sharing :)

    Hugs,
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is adorable! I LOVE the lace around the outside and that two tone Hellebore is just to die for. I think I may have to treat myself! ;) Heehee. The sentiment is perfect for this card - and cut using one of my fave nesties, you've won my heart! ;) LOL!!

    Thank you so much for the little colour charts - as quite a newbie to the WOC range (having only a few 100 flowers ;)) I find these MOST helpful. I would love to see a blue one, and maybe a green one *sweet smile* heehee.

    Thanks for sharing, xo Lou.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card and most of all the beautiful flower examples.
    They are all spectacular
    blessings to you, Dawn ll

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is really beautiful!
    And thank you so much for the color charts, it helps me a lot for my next order.

    Sabine

    ReplyDelete