Tuesday, 19 January 2016

Gift Box for Baby Girl - Tutorial

Hi!
Here I will show you how to make a gift box for baby girl. (Scroll down).
I warn you - this is a long post... ;)


All flowers and embellishments are from Wild Orchid Crafts. 



This box measures 10 x 10 cm and is 4 cm tall.






Materiallist from Wild Orchid Crafts:
Wild Rose Pale Pink 30mm QVR-035
Trellis Roses Pink Tone 35mm MKX-092
Rosebuds Pink/Ivory 4mm GST-010
Hip Rosebuds  Pale Pink GST-060
Pearl String White 4mm MKX-533
Self Adhesive Pearls White 5mm MKX-322

Tutorial:
Start with a cardboard at 18 x 18cm.
Make a score 4 cm from the edges as shown below.
Fold and clue together (A on B).
Cut a cardboard at 14 x 10 cm, score at 4cm as shown below. 
This will become the lid.
Cut patterned paper as shown below.
Glue the patterned paper around the box and glue the lid ( A on B) on as shown below.
Cut a cardboard as shown below.
Cut a patterned paper as shown below.
 I add a thin layer of Gesso around the edges.
Glue patterned paper on the cardstock.
  
Glue on as shown below.
Cut a cardboard at 11 x 11cm. This will become the bottom. 
Glue the box onto it as shown below.

Cut out three circles with a die.
I use a little bit of pink in on the white circles of cardboard. 
I attach some 3D-dots on the biggest circle and glue the other two circles onto it. 
Then I glue this on to the top.
I attach pearl bands at the bottom around the edges and on the top of the box as shown below. 
Then I glue on a little baby figurine and start decorating the box with some flowers.
I always start with the biggest flower first.
Then I attach smaller and smaller flowers as shown. 
The last thing I do is adding a thin layer of "Frost" (Snow Writer and Star Dust).
I also glue the pearl band around the baby figurine.
I have used dies from Sizzix (leaves).
At the end I attach a gratulation-greeting on the box and than attach som half pearls onto it. 

Hope you like it!
Randi

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful box!
    I love your work!
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful box. A great inspiration for upcoming baptism.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty thanks for the tutorial Love and hugs Carole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Спасибо за подробный урок!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alltid like flink med boksene dine du, Randi! 💖 Nydelig!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Спасибо, это то, что надо!!!!

    ReplyDelete