Tuesday 19 January 2016

Gift Box for Baby Girl - Tutorial

Hi!
Here I will show you how to make a gift box for baby girl. (Scroll down).
I warn you - this is a long post... ;)


All flowers and embellishments are from Wild Orchid Crafts. 



This box measures 10 x 10 cm and is 4 cm tall.






Materiallist from Wild Orchid Crafts:
Wild Rose Pale Pink 30mm QVR-035
Trellis Roses Pink Tone 35mm MKX-092
Rosebuds Pink/Ivory 4mm GST-010
Hip Rosebuds  Pale Pink GST-060
Pearl String White 4mm MKX-533
Self Adhesive Pearls White 5mm MKX-322

Tutorial:
Start with a cardboard at 18 x 18cm.
Make a score 4 cm from the edges as shown below.
Fold and clue together (A on B).
Cut a cardboard at 14 x 10 cm, score at 4cm as shown below. 
This will become the lid.
Cut patterned paper as shown below.
Glue the patterned paper around the box and glue the lid ( A on B) on as shown below.
Cut a cardboard as shown below.
Cut a patterned paper as shown below.
 I add a thin layer of Gesso around the edges.
Glue patterned paper on the cardstock.
  
Glue on as shown below.
Cut a cardboard at 11 x 11cm. This will become the bottom. 
Glue the box onto it as shown below.

Cut out three circles with a die.
I use a little bit of pink in on the white circles of cardboard. 
I attach some 3D-dots on the biggest circle and glue the other two circles onto it. 
Then I glue this on to the top.
I attach pearl bands at the bottom around the edges and on the top of the box as shown below. 
Then I glue on a little baby figurine and start decorating the box with some flowers.
I always start with the biggest flower first.
Then I attach smaller and smaller flowers as shown. 
The last thing I do is adding a thin layer of "Frost" (Snow Writer and Star Dust).
I also glue the pearl band around the baby figurine.
I have used dies from Sizzix (leaves).
At the end I attach a gratulation-greeting on the box and than attach som half pearls onto it. 

Hope you like it!
Randi

12 comments: