Thursday 23 May 2013

Jewelry box with Rosetta

Hi everybody!!!

Today I want to show you the project I created as inspiration for the current challenge at Wild Orchid Challenges, the theme is Sunshine, use the sun as inspiration and this is the project I made with that theme in mind:
The gorgeous image I used is Rosetta by Wee Stamps (available as a digital image HERE and as a rubber stamp HERE). I decided to use the bright colors of the sun as inspiration and to use some sunflowers at the same time. The stunning papers that I used are Basic Grey Picadilly (mostly the 6x6 paper pad but also some 12x12 papers) combined with orange and kraft colored cardstock. The gorgeous golden pearls are Flourishes with a Bling Antique Gold Chloe pearls. Everything was hand-stitched and I used some platinum Stickles.

The gorgeous flowers by Wild Orchid Crafts are:
Yellow Sunflower
White Sunflower
White and Orange chrysanthemums
Yellow Mulberry Paper Open Roses 25 mm (I colored the edges a bit with the colors I used on the roses in the image)
Orange Mulberry Paper Open Roses 25 mm
Golden Yellow Mulberry Paper Open Roses 15 mm (again with the edges colored a bit)
Orange Mulberry Paper Open Roses 15 mm
Orange Mulberry Paper Cherry Blossom
White Aster Daisy Stem Flowers

A close up of gorgeous Rosetta. The white dots are white Liquid Pearls and the wings have a layer of Diamond Stickles on them.
A side view to see the dimension in the image better. The inside of the box was painted white, the outside got an extra layer of Tim Holtz Distress Paint Frayed Burlap, I also used the Frayed Burlap ink to distress the edges of the papers and image.
And the inside of the box. Flowers used on the mirror are:
Sweetheart Blossom Flowers (not sure of the color, these exact ones seem to be out of stock)

Well hope you like my project, it's a birthday gift to my mother in law :). So now it's your turn to get inspired by the theme Sunshine. Have fun and don't forget to enter your entry at Wild Orchid Challenges

Hugs,
Mariska

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! All those colors are looking so bright; amazing :D She will love your beautiful gift :D

    Hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh; that is absolutely, insanely gorgeous!!!!!! Perfectly exuisite. HOW in the world do you DO that?! I could just STARE at that for hours!

    ReplyDelete