Wednesday 2 July 2014

Gift box with Rowan Fairy in autumn colors

Hello everybody!

Back with another project to show you. It may look like a card but it is actually the top of an altered cigar box.


When I first saw the image I've worked with for todays project, The Rowan Fairy by Wee Stamps (available in digi and in rubber), I knew I had to color her in autumn colors as the rowan tree has gorgeous colored leaves in that season.



As always I colored the image with Copic Markers and completely 3D paper pieced her. Then I checked my stash of design papers and decided on the Walking in the Forest line by Maja Design as one of the papers even had leaves and berries of the rowan tree on it. Since these are colors I don't work with often I had to add some gorgeous Wild Orchid Crafts goodies to my stash. I found that the Earth Tone flowers are absolutely perfect for autumn projects, especially combined with orange and deep red and in the selection of mixed Mulberry paper leaves that Wild Orchid Crafts offers there are these gorgeous green leaves in two sizes which also have some coloring in them at the tips.

These are all the Wild Orchid Crafts products I ended up using:

Deep Red Self Adhesive Rhinestones
Mixed Earth Tone Wild Roses 30mm
Deep Red Open Roses 20mm
Mixed Peach/Orange Open Roses 15mm
Mixed Earth Tone Open Roses 15mm
Mixed Earth Tone Hip Rosebuds
Mixed Mulberry Paper Leaves for Crafts

Hugs,


3 comments:

  1. Hij is prachtig Mariska.

    Marie-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous design just so lovely love and Happy Crafting Hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soo beautiful as always MAriska. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete