Friday 21 March 2014

Hugs and Kisses

Hello there!! 
It's Sheri and I'm here today to share a card that I made for my Mom’s Birthday, on Sunday, the 16th.  My beautiful Mom turned 84 and not a day goes by that I am not aware of how blessed I am to have her in my life. She is and always has been everything a daughter could ask for and I love her so very, very much! 
By the way, I know you’re wondering how my 84 year old Mom could have a 26 year old daughter…and all I can say is…just go with it. Winking smile 
P1070088
For my card, I’ve  chosen this sweet image from Lili of the Valley,  A Special Gift along with the FAB sentiment set, Simply Sophisticated.  I also used lots and lots of lilacs and lavender Maja Designs papers along with so many BEAUTIFUL WILD ORCHID CRAFTS goodies on this card, in particular, because, just like me, these are Mom’s favorite colors.
I saw a sentiment on Pinterest that I thought was perfect for the inside sentiment of Mom’s card.

A Mother is your first friend,
Your best friend,
Your forever friend.
Happy Birthday, Mom!!

Simple and yet true, right?
P1070093
In the right corner, I added one of our Filigree Corners. Using a pair of tweezers, I pushed the metal corner into an Embossing Pad and sprinkled Frantage onto it...and simply heated the Metal Filigree Corner, till the Frantage or embossing powder melted onto it, which is why it's so important to use tweezers. I've also picked up the shades of pinks in some of the flowers with the Deep Pink Self Adhesive Rhinestones on the butterfly edge. 

P1070096


Thank you so much for stopping by!! I hope you like my Mom's birthday card! :)
Please stop back by tomorrow . The incredibly talented Anne Kristine will be here to share her fabulous creation with you! 
Supplies used:
Wild Orchid Crafts Flowers and Embellishments
Sentiment Stamp – Lili of the Valley – Simply Sophisticated
Papers –Maja Designs
Border Punch from Martha Stewart
Additional die cuts from Silhouette

2 comments: