Tuesday 5 April 2011

Spice Up Those Paper Blooms!

Today, I would like to give you a few ideas on spicing up those paper blooms.  Wild Orchid Crafts has a fantastic selection of these flowers and I am finding myself using them more and more!

Here is the first idea:




To create these daylily looking flowers I used this set of Paper Blooms.

Pull the stamens through the center part of the flower and don't pull them all the way down, let them poke up a bit. Gather the flower from underneath pushing all the petals together.  Add a drop of glue down in the center where the stamens are attached and push the bottom of the flower through the hole in the cardstock to hold while it dries.





After the glue has had a chance to dry, start shaping your flower. That's it!  You can curl the petals or leave them straight. Let your imagination run wild.

Next, lets make a daisy looking flower:




Chalk the center of the flower with the desired color, I used green, and then tip the edges with a color to coordinate with your design paper.  I wanted a peach color here, so I used orange.  Now, add your stamens to the center of the flower.




I pushed all the petals up but not all the way just to give it some shape.



Here's the final product on a card.  I can't show the card yet, but it will be on my blog soon!


Have fun and check out the Wild Orchid Craft site for all the color selections of these Paper Blooms and the stamens!


Have a wonderful day and thank you for visiting our inspiration blog!


Hugs, Dena



No comments:

Post a Comment