Tuesday 23 July 2013

Tweetest Friends in purple

Hi everybody!!

Monday the 15th of July was the start of a new challenge at Wild Orchid Challenges and what we want you to do is use blue and/or purple tones on your projects. You still have a few days left to enter so I thought I'd show you the project I did as inspiration for this challenge. I needed one more teacher gift so I decided to make a Slip Cover box as these are super quick to make and decorate it with Tweetest Friends by Little Cottage Cuties from Whimsy Stamps.
The pretty design paper I used is by Maja Design and it's from the Vintage Spring Basics line. I used purple and white cardstock and I embossed the white decorative layer with a Birds and Swirls Cuttlebug Embossing Folder. The pretty decorative die-cut behind the image is of course cut with the largest Spellbinders Floral Oval Nestabilities.
The Wild Orchid Crafts products I've used are:
A close up of the pretty image.  As always colored with Copic Markers and 3D paper pieced. I decided not to paper piece the little flowers.

Hope you like my project and will get inspired to join us at Wild Orchid Challenges. Have a great day everybody!!!

Hugs,

3 comments:

  1. Good Morning Mariska!
    Such a pretty image and lovely delicate work from you...beautiful card>
    LoveMarg

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so gorgeous; I love the colors, the coloring, the details, everything! I would love to see a couple side views so I could see the paper piecing; it's amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I went to YOUR blog, and I see ALL the pieces you cut out! Wow! More than I thought!! It's no wonder your assembled image comes out like she does - exquisite!

      Delete