Friday 16 September 2011

Topiary Frame

Hi Everyone, it is Kylie here today to share a project with you.


I have had this shaddow box frame in my stash for a little while waiting for me to do this project.  I am slowly crossing things off my 'must make' list.
 I wanted to make this frame for a little friend of mine who has just had her 7th birthday. She is a very girly girl and I wanted to make something pink and blingy for her... a perfect excuse to get out the gorgeous German Glass Glitter.



I have a gorgeous pot of the Silver glitter and I thought it would be fun to embellish the gorgeous roses with for some extra sparkle. I checked out all of my adhesives and ended up using my Glossy Accents as it was nice and runny. I didn't want the glue to be too thick.

All I did was squeeze a small amount around the edges of the petals of my Wild Roses and then dipped the roses into the glitter in my tidy tray. This way I could save all of the loose unused glitter and return it to the pot for next time.


 The flowers and other embellishments used for this project are listed below...


German Glitter Glass - Silver (perfect for all of your Christmas projects!), Ivory Insertion Lace, White Cotton LaceSilver Filigree Corners, Seam Binding in Rose Petal, Small Flat Gardenia in 2 tone Pink25mm Wild Roses in pinkPink Tulips, 6mm closed rose buds in White.

I hope you like my frame and it inspires you to have a bit of a play with your German Glass Glitter.

Have a great weekened,
Kylie.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness such a pretty idea...I have a similar shadowbox waiting to have something done.
    Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete