Sunday 28 September 2014

Christmas Stocking

Whilst browsing Pinterest last week, and losing hours and hours – sheesh that place is dangerous, I saw some cute Christmas stocking cards.  I had an idea to make an ornament instead of a card to give to special friends so they can use it again and again.  A few hours later this is what I came up with.  I love it!

bev-rochester-vintage-christmas-stocking

I downloaded a few free templates off the internet and cobbled/adapted them till I got the shape I liked.  It roughly measures 7.5” at the longest points.  I cut this from mountboard, my local picture framers so very kindly donated some to the cause.  Then the fun began.  Out came the Christmas papers and embellies.

The embellies are mostly from Wild Orchid CraftsPoinsettia large, pulled apart then spritzed with pearl shimmer then edges inked then reassembled with strong glue and finished off with a flatback pearls in a gold flower; small poinsettia I did the same but finished off with a gold finding and pearl.  Holly leaves, berries from the gold Christmas berry spray, and open roses in 20mm, 15mm and 10mm.  I also added a couple of gold bells to the ribbon bow and finished off with a wooden sentiment that I painted with gold paint then slathered in gold stickles.

I finished off the front with a couple of sentiment tags.

bev-rochester-vintage-christmas-stocking2

And a look at the back, where I have added a sentiment and left space to address the “card”.  I really had fun making this and have quite a few ideas for more using different shapes. 

bev-rochester-vintage-christmas-stocking1

 

bev-Butterfly-1-Signature-BRa_thumb[1]

3 comments:

  1. WAUW so gorgeous Bev, you really made a piece of love here, sooo beautiful and warm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love every tiny detail of this stocking ornament! Each element is gorgeous and your design brings them together so beautifully! It will be treasured every Christmas season. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete