Some time ago during one of my courses one girl asked me if I can make a tutorial of this rocking chair. It took me such a long time - I am so sorry - but here it is. Maybe not the step-by-step tutorial, but template and explanation is following. Hope you all will enjoy it too!
But first, flowers used form WOC:
- Roses 25mm
- Roses 15mm
- Roses 10mm
- Tea rosebuds
- Rosebuds 4mm
And now let's see how its made:
1. Look at a template and cut out a piece A (body of a chair) from the chart. Dashed line shows were you need to bend/fold a paper, and straight line shows were to cut. Use your edge punch to create nice looking edges. Then bend/fold paper looking at a picture of rocking chair, so you know which way to do it.
2. Prepare rocking parts of chair legs by cutting out 2 pieces of B detail. Use the edge punch for decoration from both sides of paper. Bend it like it shown on a photo.
3. Prepare legs of a chair. There are two pairs of legs - front (detail D) and back legs (detail C) - holding the rocking part of it. The back legs are a little bit longer than the front legs! Cut paper as it shown and role/fold it very tight into a cylinder shape, glue the edge.
4. Assemble the chair - glue legs to the chair and the rocking part to the legs of a chair. Decorate as you wish.
- Use thick paper or cardboard paper for chair. Thin paper will not hold the shape of a chair.
- Use hot glue gun or a strong glue for it for strong and stable hold.
- Use text detail (look and a photo were the title is written on a chair 'Til Lykke') as supporting detail to hold a chair together - glue bottom part of a paper to the sitting part and top part to the lean part.
Visit my blog for more inspiration and surprises!
Have a wonderful and creative day!