Wednesday, 11 July 2012

Shabby Chic Shadowbox



A very happy Wednesday to everyone and we are so happy to see that you are dropping by here! We hope you will come by here often and see what's happening at the wonderful Wild Orchid Crafts store and how we use the products!

The new challenge started this week at Wild Orchid Challenge and we have been asked to use SHABBY CHIC as our theme. I have difficulty with that theme so I am hoping that my project will fit within that idea!! Please come on over and join in with us as you can be assured that there is a magnificent surprise from Wild Orchid Crafts, as always! We would love to see your interpretation of the theme this week!!!

For my project I decorated a MS black fabric covered shadowbox measuring 8.75" X 1.5" X 11.25" (22.2cm X 3.8cm X 28.6cm) just to give you an idea of the size. Every single embellishment I used is from the marvelous shop at Wild Orchid Crafts!! First I encircled the entire top rim of the box with Flat Back White Pearl String. At the top of the box I used White Pearl String for the swag anchored with double flat bows made with 1" Pale Pink Silk Ribbon. The lower left corner floral treatment, resting on a base of white Guipure Lace is made with 1 1/3" Trellis Roses, 1" Open Roses, 5/8" Open Roses, Pale Pink Poppies, 3/8" Open Roses, double flat bows made with Satin Ribbon, and Baby Pink Crown Pins.

For the inside of the shadowbox I used a Venise Lace Square Frame turned on its edge with a Venise Lace Heart and a Beautiful Lady Cameo topped with another double flat bow made with Satin Ribbon.

I hope you like my little creation and will see that there are so many different craft ideas you can use with the WOC products! Please join in with us at the Wild Orchid Challenge this week!!!

Thank you so much for coming by and we hope you will want to come by often!! Until the next time, big hugs to each of you from Jacque!!!

2 comments:

  1. It's a beautyful box!

    Pouwla.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacque
    I love your shadow box - it is just so beautiful and no worries for you - as I think you did a beautiful job with the shappy chic - born natural! I love WOC products and I hope I will find time to join this challenge! Hugs CaroleAnn

    ReplyDelete