Monday, 26 September 2011

Sparkles and Stars!!

Happy Monday and welcome!! We are so happy that you have come by today! I would like to show you the card I made for the Wild Orchid Challenge which begins today and the theme is Make It Sparkle With Stars! We would love to have you join with us this fortnight.



For my card I used Bazzill for the base and all double matting, the DP is Kaisercraft December 25th, and all background panels are machine stitched. This DP has alot of metallic gold and reminds me of Olde World so I tried to carry that look throughout my card. The sweet image I used is from the latest LOTV release and is called Musical Christmas. The image was stamped on Cryogen White and colored with Copics and Promarkers adding a touch of Prisma Glitter to the wings and gorgeous WOC Gold German Glass Glitter to the wreaths on their heads. Don't you just love that glittery sparkle of the German Glass Glitter!!! I encircled the image with German tinsel and for the horizontal I used 1" Cream Organza Ribbon tied into a double bow, adding a star button. The floral treatment resting on MS branches is made of a 35mm Trellis Rose and 25mm Open Roses which were all covered heavily with more WOC Gold German Glass Glitter. I also added some Gold Double End Holly Berries and finished the front with a couple of Gold Filigree Metal Corners.


For the inside of my card I used some stars from the Christmas Wooden Shape Embellishment Set and covered them heavily with more German Glass Glitter and another organza bow. I think that German Glass Glitter gave those stars a very old look...what do you think? The gold embossed sentiment is from the LOTV Set 10-A5 Verses.

Again, thanks for your visit and we hope to see you again real soon!! Hugs from Jacque!

2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful and really very sparkly and festive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous, Jane x
    http://thecraftbucket.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete