Monday, 18 July 2011

Wild Orchid Challenge and Christmas in July Bonanza AND a sneak peek!

Wild Orchid Challenge blog is a year old – where has the time gone??  So to celebrate we are not only having our regular challenge which is a fab sketch by Dena, but we are kicking off our

Christmas in July

with Wild Orchid Crafts and Lili of the Valley bonanza

with oodles of inspiration and prizes so stay tuned all week to the Wild Orchid Crafts Blog and Ideas to Inspire blog.  Each day some of the DT and Guest Designers will be showcasing Christmas products from Wild Orchid Crafts and the new Christmas stamps release from Lili of the Valley!!

So for my card today I am using one of the new Christmas stamps from Lili of the Valley, this one is called Pretty Poinsettia.  Isn’t she just gorgeous!!!  The sentiment is from the clear Additions sentiment sheets also from Lili of the Valley.

Bev-Rochester-LOTV-pretty-poinsettia2

For the past few weeks I have made so many traditional Christmas cards for magazines and samples that I broke free and went with PINK lol.  I used those gorgeous Affection digi papers from Nitwit Collections.  Soooo pretty!  And I brought a bit of brown in for a totally different look for Christmas.

  Bev-Rochester-LOTV-pretty-poinsettia

The embellies are all from Wild Orchid Crafts – gingham ribbon, hellebore, sweetheart blossoms, cherry blossoms, 20mm roses, 15mm roses, corner metal embellishment, pearls, and those gorgeous gold berries.  There are loads of new Christmas embellies on the website, you can take a peek here

Bev-Rochester-LOTV-pretty-poinsettia1

I honestly can’t remember the Copic numbers for this card (and most of them that I will be posting this week) as I coloured all the images together and I think every Copic I own was on my desk the whole of last week lol.

Bev-Rochester-LOTV-pretty-poinsettia3

I do hope you will join in with the challenge and also all the fun – there will be 3 or 4 prizes being given away each day plus 2 grand prizes at the end of the week, you need to be in it to win it!!

hugs

bev-Butterfly-1-Signature-BRa

8 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgegous Bev and I absolutely love the non traditional xmas colours you have used!! Can't wait to see what else is instore for the celebrations this week!! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so perfect. I LOVE that image and the pinks and browns work so perfectly together! That gingham ribbon is making me drool and those gold berries add just enough Christmassy cheer to this gorgeous winter card!!

    What a cracking start to the week!! Can't wait to see more! xo, Lou.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Bev she is lovely, great colours of pink and brown, I would never have thought of them, they work SO well. This is a very exciting launch.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Bev, that image is so adorable. Love the layout and colour combo. Stunning work.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this pink christmas card! So super adorable! And what a cute image, love the little bird helping with the scarf and that little purse, everything just so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Bev, these images are simply adorable, can't wait to see more!
    Hugs Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I love the pink and brown for Christmas and what a lovely image!!! Your card is sensational!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, love the new image and the sparkle gives the real christmassy feel to it.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete