Thursday, 2 September 2010

Snowy Poinsettias!

Hello everyone!  Today I wanted to show you another way to alter those gorgeous flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts.  These are wonderful paper poinsettias in the Christmas section.  The flowers on my card are approximately 3 - 3.5mm across.

I started by painting the outer edges with white paint, then came back with Stardust Stickles and while that was wet I added Fun Flock and waa laa! Snowy poinsettias!

I found that my fun flock was too transparent without the paint on the edges and then I wanted just a hint of glitter so that is the reason for the stickles.


The white stamens are a nice little filler for the poinsettas too and if you look at my other cluster of flowers, there is a red heart shaped pin.  

So many fun accessories to use, so little time!!!

In case you didn't already know....this is the darling Father Christmas stamp from Lily of the Valley, of course, I think they are all darling, so there you go.

Have a wonderful Thursday!  Don't forget Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge has another challenge this Monday, Sept. 6th, so stay tuned!

Hugs, Dena

2 comments:

  1. Wow, its so beautiful.

    I Love your cards.

    Greetings
    Ulla

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS card! Love this Father Christmas!

    Judi xxx

    ReplyDelete