Monday, 5 July 2010

Flowers - Red, White & Blue!

For all of my friends in the U.S. I want to wish you all a Happy 4th of July!  I celebrated independence day this year with lots of fun, family, friends, fireworks and even a parade today!  I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!
I have a fun Red, White and Blue card to share with you today to celebrate the day!  I decided to make my focal point on the front of the card a fun American flag, which I cut strips of paper and then punched some stars to make my flag.  The whole front of the card has been sprayed with Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz to give it an amazing frosted and glitzed affect!  This is the first time I've used this product and I have to tell you I absolutely LOVE it!
Here is a close up of the flower collection.  First I've stamped my baroque motiff stamp and embossed it with  TH silver embossing powder.  Then I put the flowers on top.  I've used Classic Red Rose, 25mm rose, aster daisies (that I airbrushed to match the blue in my paper), 10 mm roses, 5mm rosebuds, Red Stamens, pearl sprays, and the dark blue flower is from my stash.
This is the inside of the card, where I used the same baroque motiff stamp, heat embossed with the silver embossing powder again, and added some punched red and blue stars to carry my patriotic affect.   This is where a personal message can be written.
I'll leave you with one more image of the front of the card with the flower dimension, and where you can see more of the sparkle from the smooch spray and also the Viva Decor Glitter Liner in ruby that was used around the whole flag edge.

Don't forget to head over to our Challenge Blog so that you can check out the details to enter for our blog candy!


♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥

3 comments:

  1. Wow hun this is just awesome
    Hugs jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowww Kim,This is so beautiful.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Kim!!

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete